In our latest blog we emphasize the importance of strengthening each other, especially in hard times. The Coffee Quest opened a discussion with you, coffee lover to find answers to burning questions:
- How to reach the final consumer. How to get good coffee to people’s “home-office”?
- How to support coffee farmers during this period?
- How do you motivate yourself nowadays? What are your tips & tricks on working from home?
For coffee's sake!
You might not know, but I wrote my thesis on happiness management – YES, I get this look every time I mention this to someone! This is something everybody does, but might not aware about. This is an act when you motivate your colleagues to make them laugh and feel good about their job, make them enjoy the office atmosphere and so on.
In times when we are all working from home it is hard to keep team spirit, but luckily we have something to be connected by… coffee.
It’s no secret that caffeine can improve people’s moods, but scientists have long wondered how? Research in Portugal, the United States, and Brazil discovered that mice given caffeine were better able to handle stress, compared to mice subjected to stressful situations without caffeine. 🐭 For coffee’s sake!
So don’t forget your daily cup(s) and relax. This is tip no. 1.
5 Tips for quarantine time
1.) Drink Coffee
Coffee helps with stress release and it can improve your mood as well.
2.) Enjoy Home Office
Maximize your workflow and experiment with different working methods (you might no be able to try out in the office 😉 ) Here’s one called Pomodoro Technique. All you need is some defined tasks and a kitchen timer, preferably in a tomato shape or you can use this cool app, as well.
How does it work?
There are six steps in the original technique:
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
- Work on the task.
- End work when the timer rings and put a check-mark on a piece of paper.
- If you have fewer than four check-marks, take a short break (3–5 minutes), then go to step 2.
- After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your check-mark count to zero, then go to step 1.
3.) Have fun and make things done
- Read the book you were taking aside for months
- Refresh the house with a “spring cleaning” (good for the soul, good for the health of the body)
- Try home exercises like yoga, TRX
- Order a puzzle! Start with an easy one of max 1000 pieces, work your way up!
4.) Experiment in the kitchen
- Experiment in the kitchen: how many meal variations can you make from 4 ingredients? From 3? 2?
- Have you seen our secret recipe from Alvira, quality assistant at The Coffee Quest? He wrote down a step-by-step guide to brew the perfect coffee. Try it at home!
5.) Practice Mindfulness
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. Perfect timing to try to disconnect from the news overflow and concentrate fully on your inner being. Make the struggle of working from home and #SocialDistancing into a positive self-discovering journey.
With these practices The Coffee Quest team wishes you the best times during this hard period. Our team is fully available to support your business activities during this period!