My name is Rutger and I work at quality control. As a Christmas special, I’m sharing my favourite Aeropress recipe. But first, I will give you a brief summary of my history with the Aeropress. I have been aeropressing since I was just a little boy and the Aeropress has always been a big part of my life. My mother remembered that I was already aeropressing natural Ethiopia’s in my milk bottle before I could even walk.
Last year was the pinnacle of my Aeropress career as I became one of the top 50 aeropressers of The Netherlands at the Dutch Aeropress Championships. There were only 50 competitors and I got kicked out of the first round but you get the message.
For this recipe, I used the natural Ethiopia Limu from Mr Mansur (ET20117). The flavour notes are apricot, milk chocolate and ice tea!
- Grind 20g of coffee (coarse)
- Invert the Aeropress and put the coffee in
- Add 40g of water at 85 °C
- Let it bloom for 20 seconds
- Add another 160g of water
- Swirl for 10 seconds and put the cap on
- Revert the Aeropress at 1:40
- Plunge until 2:00
- Add 30g of water