EU SPRING SALE IS HERE! - Free Shipping & Discounted Prices - Check out the conditions - Offer ends 31st March, act fast!

Finca El Rio, in La Paz, Honduras

Finca El Rio is located in the community of Tierra Colorada in Cabañas, La Paz, Honduras. Run by Agustin Bonilla, he is part of Project Cabañas, the specialty coffee program from Beneficio San Vicente. The farm is approximately 10.4 Ha in total, of which 3.5 Ha is used to grow coffee, and sits at an elevation of 1,600 m.a.s.l. 75% of the coffee grown is the Catuai variety, and the remaining 25% is the Lempira variety.

This Anaerobic Honey is a blend of these two varieties. It all starts by handpicking the ripest cherries and selecting out the underripe ones. Cherries are then dunked in plastic barrels filled with water to undergo an anaerobic ferment for 72 hours. They are later de-pulped and thrown to dry with the mucilage still on, on African beds for about 18 days where they are moved constantly to achieve a uniform drying process.

Project Cabañas Processing Lead...

Agustin got the coffee bug from his father. From an early age, he was always close to coffee production, but as he grew up, he wanted to expand his horizons. He started his career in cattle but migrated to the US in search of better opportunities. In his time there, searching for alternatives, his wife reminded him that they had his father’s farm as inheritance and that they should grow coffee again. So they decided to move to the family farm and start their coffee journey. He is now the head of his farm, but passing down the knowledge to his eldest son, which from now and then takes charge of the farm, when Agustin is not around. 

We discovered Agustin’s farm thanks to Beneficio San Vicente and their Project Cabañas initiative, which started back in 2012. They are on the mission to organize a small group of producers (currently around 40) with excellent coffees, intending to highlight their quality and find better markets for them.

We resonated with Beneficio San Vicente and Project Cabañas and decided to partner up with them to help develop the specialty coffee industry in this region.

Transparency Report?

At The Coffee Quest US, transparency is key.

Our Transparency Report is available on request, so get in touch today for an in-depth look at our ethical and sustainable sourcing practices!

Ask for Samples Today!

While you are still here, Check Out our other Coffees!

Request Samples!

Please leave details below and we’ll be in touch soon!

Contact Our Impact Project Team!

Please leave details below and we’ll be in touch soon!

Request Samples!

Please leave details below and we’ll be in touch soon!
Skip to content